Email us at email@example.com
Box program starts again June 2023
WEEKLY GOOD FOOD BOX PROGRAM
Our box program might be done for the 2022 season, but we aren't! You can still order from our weekly online market as a member.
Learn more below or click here to order (when the online market is open).
The Box Program is a weekly box of farm-direct food that lets individuals, families, and households in the community take advantage of the Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild’s bulk access and shipping deals to fresh, seasonal produce from local Vancouver Island farms and B.C. producers. tucg is able to order items in bulk so that Box Program participants share together in a taste of a variety of fruits and veggies at a great price! The boxes are geared to those who love variety, appreciate good produce value, are opened minded to trying new foods, want to eat foods from sustainable and transparent farm practices, and wish to support our regional farmers/producers.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
**NEW as of 2021** Based on demand and member feedback, we will be offering only one box option per season, instead of the two in past years. Many of our members let us know they wanted the best of both worlds, so here we go!
Previously we offered our farm stocked 'Food Lover's Box' and an alternative 'Heat of Summer Box'. This year we will be offering our NEW Food Lover's box only, which will be all of your farm faves from the Food Lover's Box but also a few familiar Heat of Summer twists (things like extra fruit, eggs, special meats or cheeses, or local products).
If you aren't familiar with our past box offers - here is what our NEW Food Lover's Box is all about:
Each week get a special tucg curated box where you are sharing in the harvest and bulk purchase across all our box program members. Although the contents you won't know specifically in advance, we are getting you the absolute best of the season at great value. You can see photos of every box we've done on our instagram, and a few of those shots are shown above. Our product calendar can also guide you on what to expect.
- Our box program is the best value of food you can buy from tucg as we are able to buy in bulk and share the wealth across box program members
- Showcasing the best from our farmers, local businesses and the occasional new ingredient we think more people should know about
- A variety of greenery, root crops, fruits, greenhouse crops, and we usually try to throw in one interesting thing to try
- We will also feature items from tucg restaurant and grocery members and local food businesses who are producing something really delicious that we want to make sure everybody tastes (breads, cheeses, dressings and more)
- This box is too much for an individual (share with a friend!), it is bountiful for a couple, and just right for a small family
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Order by the week: $44 per box
Order for the 15 weeks June 23rd to September 29 and get a discount to $39 a week.
Order for the full season, 19 weeks June 23 to October 28th and get a discount to $39 a week.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
You must be a member of the Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild to order any of our products.
HOW DO I ORDER AND GET MY BOX EACH WEEK?There are weekly pickup locations in Tofino, Ucluelet, and Ahousaht. General pickup information.
WHAT IF I AM SIGNED UP FOR THE SEASON BUT AM GOING AWAY FOR A WEEK?By paying up front you are committing to weekly boxes and we cannot provide you with a credit if you are away. But if you will be away, we have a few options:
WHAT IF I HAVE AN ALLERGY OR AM VEGETARIAN?Please notify us of this when you sign up for the program so that we can accomodate you. Sometimes eggs, dairy or meat products are included.ARE THE BOXES ORGANIC?We look for quality and best value with farms that have transparent and sustainable practices. While many products are grown with organic standards in mind, and we frequently have organic produce, we cannot make a guarantee. But we think you will be happy with our passionate, like-minded farmers and if you wish to know more about any of their practices just ask us! NOT JUST A BOX...All members of the tucg are welcome to take advantage of our bulk ordering by the case. That pint of raspberries in your box may have been so delicious you want to order 10lbs (trust us, it will go fast). You might also want to stock up for the winter when the box program winds down in the fall. If you would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- designate a friend to pick up your box
- post on the tucg Facebook page to other members to see if they'd like to to buy your box
- consider donating it to a family in need! Any boxes unclaimed by Mondays we donate to the Food Bank
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!