Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WEEKLY GOOD FOOD BOX PROGRAM
Our regular box program has now started! First pickups will start June 18th.
Learn more below or click here to order (when the market is open).
We are currently still running our $30 'Give a Box'Program to bring you the best value of delicious healthy foods to local families. If you are interested in buying a box, or learning more about our current donation program Check it out here.
Photos of 2019 Food Lover's and Heat of Summer boxes
The Box Program is a weekly box of farm-direct food that lets individuals, families, and households in the community take advantage of the Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild’s bulk access and shipping deals to fresh, seasonal produce from local Vancouver Island farms and B.C. producers. tucg is able to order items in bulk so that Box Program participants share together in a taste of a variety of fruits and veggies at a great price! The boxes are geared to those who love variety, appreciate good produce value, are opened minded to trying new foods, want to eat foods from sustainable and transparent farm practices, and wish to support our regional farmers/producers.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
We offer two options of boxes. The contents you won't know specifically, but we are getting you the absolute best of the season at great value. Our product calendar will guide you on what to expect. You can also see photos of every box we've done on our instagram. You can choose to get one type of box or alternate each week.
Food Lover’s Box - June to October 2020 (may extend into November based on availability of crops)
Heat of Summer Box - July to September 2020
- A variety of greenery, root crops, fruits, greenhouse crops and in general foods that we find special but not too weird. For those that like to cook.
- We intend to have food that is of great value while showcasing the best from our farmers, local businesses and the occasional new ingredient we think more people should know about.
- This box is probably too much for an individual (share with a friend!), it is bountiful for a couple, and just right for a family with a couple children.
- Designed to help our busy tucg members get through the craziness of summer well-fed while working those long days. This ‘picnic’ style box will contain items that require no or very minimal cooking but help provide members with a variety of healthy and fresh food.
- Bonus items from tucg restaurant and grocery members who are producing something really delicious that we want to make sure everybody tastes (bread? kombucha? ice cream?)
- This box is bountiful for an individual and just right for a couple or friends share.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? TBD 2020
Order by the week: $42 per box
Order for the full season, at least 15 weeks or more and get a discount to $39 a week.
Ordering by the month will return in July 2020
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
You must be a member of the Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild to order any of our products.
HOW DO I ORDER AND GET MY BOX EACH WEEK?There are weekly pickup locations in Tofino, Ucluelet, and Ahousaht. General pickup information.
WHAT IF I AM SIGNED UP FOR THE SEASON BUT AM GOING AWAY FOR A WEEK?By paying up front you are committing to weekly boxes and we cannot provide you with a credit if you are away. But if you will be away, we have a few options:
WHAT IF I HAVE AN ALLERGY OR AM VEGETARIAN?Please notify us of this when you sign up for the program. We promise to do our best to accommodate you! This especially pertinent to the HOS box as it usually has meat/dairy productsARE THE BOXES ORGANIC?We look for quality and best value with farms that have transparent and sustainable practices. While many products are grown with organic standards in mind, and we frequently have organic produce, we cannot make a guarantee. But we think you will be happy with our passionate, like-minded farmers and if you wish to know more about any of their practices just ask us! NOT JUST A BOX...All members of the tucg are welcome to take advantage of our bulk ordering by the case. That pint of raspberries in your box may have been so delicious you want to order 10lbs (trust us, it will go fast). You might also want to stock up for the winter when the box program winds down in the fall. If you would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- designate a friend to pick up your box
- post on the tucg Facebook page to other members to see if they'd like to to buy your box
- consider donating it to a family in need! Any boxes unclaimed by Friday afternoon we donate to the Food Bank
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!